Friday, April 10, 2009

Holiday.....Yeaaa......


Good Morning (yawwwnnnn). Its 7.30 am today and I'm sitting in office :) … Yes this kind of sincerity at work is only seen when I get something out of it.. I'm going on my much deserved holiday today and I have to catch an early evening flight.

My not so "employee friendly" office refused to give us a holiday today (on account of Good Friday) and hence I had to book myself on an evening flight instead. Found myself getting up early without a grumble, just to come in early and get out of office earlier than my not so late everyday exit…

I'm headed this time to Hyderabad (yes.. yes lucky me to enter the land of the Briyani… but I'm not getting it back any for u ;) ) . I'm visiting my Granddad, aunts, uncles and cousin for a change rather than my usual self indulged holidaying. I'm also planning to visit my cuz sis who just had her second child..
This was one of those last moments, impromptu kind of weekend getaways.. and sadly i missed out on all the good fares and landed up picking up expensive tickets. But i guess its worth it. I did deserve a holiday.

When it comes to traveling to Hyd, it’s the most painful experience. Apart from the airport being so far away from the city and especially where I would be staying, they have this shuttle service from the airport, that departs only every hour ( compared to the earlier half hour frequency). Which means if I miss a shuttle, I gotta wait for an hour in the airport.. DAMN…

The new Hyd airport is awesome however. If you have had the chance to visit Hyd recently, you know what I'm speaking about. In my knowledge, it’s the best in India. Only wish they had the “sky trains” similar to the ones found in Singapore airport..Hmmmm.. I'm sure we will get there soon enough.

So here I am in office, much much earlier than my usual time, showing my bosses that I actually work hard, but find myself blogging :) .. I shall keep you updated on my whereabouts, that’s if I succeed in finding out “how to blog thru an iphone.. for dummies” instruction manual..

BTW, I'm travelling light for a change. My Mom warned me from carrying too much luggage and just to settle down with one small stroley. “If you carry too much luggage, you will have to wait for it, and you might miss your shuttle” .. I have a feeling she might me right on this one.. Darn..how I hate to carry limited clothes.

Till then...Have a lovely long weekend and Happy Easter.... See ya..

No comments: